Sunday, September 27, 2009

September 28, 2009






I'll be gone on Monday afternoon and all day Tuesday. But the learning will still go on. The main focus will continue to be our work with patterns. I've left some activities for the children to do that will deepen their understanding of patterns.

I look forward to seeing what they have learned when I come back on Wednesday morning.

I wrote the above on Sunday evening. I got to school today to hear that Duke died on the weekend. We had a funeral for him this morning. I'll post photos when I can get time online.

For parents, this is a great time to talk with your child about death in general.

2 comments:

  1. We are sorry to hear that Duke passed away. Was Duke your classroom pet ? We feel sad for you and we will all say a prayer for Duke. Is Duke in doggy heaven or kitty heaven or hamster heaven ?
    Your friends
    Taylor 2B TopDogs

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have found out on a previous post that the late Duke was a guinea pig. One of our Kindergarten classrooms has a guinea pig. When we were in Kindergarten, our guinea pig named Squirt passed away. He got sick while visiting a classmate's home. It was really sad too.
    Your friends,
    2B Top Dogs

    www.mrmcstopdogblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete