Thursday, January 1, 2009

January 1

Happy New Year!

This entry is also for the children.

We are having snow again this morning. From my window it looks wonderful! I've even been for a walk in it already. Today it is crunchy.

I know that you are used to thinking that snow is white. Today I'd like you to take a closer look. What colours can you see in the snow? Try looking at the snow at different times of the day and in different places. Try cutting into it where it is all piled up. What colour is it there? How many different snow colours can you find?

If there is still snow when we get back to school, we'll do this together. But the snow might be gone by then, and I want you to have a chance to think about snow colours while you are still in Grade One.

See you on Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment