Monday, March 9, 2009

March 9, 2009

With all the snow at the north end of the coast, there were some changes in who was in our building.  Mr. Heidebrecht stayed snuggly safe in Halfmoon Bay, while Mr. Walters, the principal from Halfmoon Bay was here. He came into our room just before lunch to read Scribbleville.

Today's Good Math Question:

Some summer bears are roaming. Winter comes.
Some bears go into the cave.
3 bears are left out.
How many might have been summer roaming bears?
How many might be in the cave?

The big idea was to learn how to write a number story like:

5-x=3  

Except that we drew a box instead of writing an x, and I haven't figured out how to make the box on the Web.

For those whose children did not bring home the notice this week about coming to the school, here is the information:

I will be in the classroom this Thursday from 1:30 to 6:30. During that time you are welcome to come with your child who will show you his or her work. 

I will be available to answer specific questions about student work, but will not be having private interviews at that time. 

If you want a private interview with me, please let me know what time works for you, and I will do my best to accommodate you.

No comments:

Post a Comment